Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Constant Struggle

Yesterday was a pretty good day. David helped by taking out the trash. Later when in the pool he noticed a bit of algae on the side and stated he forgot to brush it when it was cleaned Sunday so he brushed it down then took a shower, all with out a fight. That was a welcome relief since when he forgets and is reminded he gets mad and downright ugly. It wears me out. 

We have had offers from family to help with the bills but we are able to pay them ourselves and will save that generosity for a time in the future when we need it if David goes out of work again which at this point he might.

He cannot see what he is doing to himself and the family. It is part of the disease. So I need to stay calm when approaching him and realize he is sick and not just being a jerk. Sometimes that is easier than others. Memory loss is a struggle for everyone involved.

The one thing I know is God has put us all together for a reason and I must honor my husband no matter what his medical state. I am back to regular prayer (some time constant) and meditation along with my bible readings and it helps my patients.

It is said God doesn’t give us more than we can handle but sometimes I think God believes more in me than I do.

Please pray for my continued patience for my husband’s illness, his desire to get better, and the children that they might understand to the best of their ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment