Friday, April 22, 2011

Shortcomings

This morning I read my Bible and meditation book. I needed to hear guarding my words, Proverbs 17:27; 21:23, Speaking graciously, Proverbs 22:11 and speaking the truth in love, Ephesians 4:1-16.

My words are not always gracious. I forget at times that David is sick and not just conveniently forgetting to tick me off or blowing responsibility off completely. It is trying at best. I need to be encouraging, supportive and keeping track of everything at all times. It wears me down.

The meditation was on self care talked about the difference between me first and me too. It has been hard lately to remember to take care of myself, you know, put the oxygen mask on myself so I can better serve others. For me that means praying, reading my Bible and meditation books, working out and eating healthy. I gained weight after the fire that I am still attempting to take off.

With David’s medical problems I fight (sometimes literally) to get him to take care of himself. I am reminded to take the splinter out of my own eye first.

Such is life. It ebbs and flows in different directions like a river ever changing. It keeps life from getting boring but at this point I don’t think boredom would be that bad. My humanity and shortcomings humble me and remind me I need God’s strength every day. Don’t we all.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment