Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Nelson Boys

Friday was a day memories are made from. I had a second interview at ten, hair cut at noon, went shopping with Mom, a third interview at three and then the best part was making potato salad from scratch with Mom Friday night in anticipation of our Easter feast.

It is an old Pennsylvania Dutch recipe that my Nana pulled from the Philadelphia Inquire over 50 years ago, a family treasure now. I cherish every memory and moment I spend with all my friends and family but being so close to Mom makes my heart jump. I love her so much.

Saturday morning I hung out in the sun and swam until George and David picked Mom and I up to go to EPCOT to see the Nelson Boys for a Ricky Nelson Remembered concert. (I feel a Google search coming on) Mom’s favorite song of Ricky’s is Garden Party.

It was fun however very hot! It was in the low 90’s and walking on all of the hot concrete made me feel faint after spending 4 hours in the sun. (Mental note don’t go in the sun without drinking plenty of water first)
We had a blast and it was fun to see my mom tapping her feet and clapping remembering her youth. It was cool to honor her wish.

Please join me in my prayer that all of you have a making memory with someone you love moment this week.

Blessings!

P.S. What do you think of the Pooh topiary?




No comments:

Post a Comment