Thursday, January 27, 2011

Acceptance Does Not Mean Approval



Well, Mom’s moved in without incident. As the stuff came in the door I cleaned it. Now all we have to do is go through the bins in the garage. I think 25 bins of Christmas stuff is a bit much.

She was right the furniture in the living room looks better her way than mine. I think I’m going to say that a lot now...“Your right Mom.”

When David gets mad or forgets my response is “I understand.”

This whole process is about acceptance. Acceptance does not mean approval it means accepting what or who ever exactly as it or they are. Example, I accept the pink table has four legs. I might hate pink tables, four legged tables or tables in general but when I accept something, as it is, I keep my sanity.

I hate that David has Alz however I accept it. That does not mean I do not cry and tell God I do not think it is fair. I do not approve. It does not mean when David forgets something we are to do or a conversation that I do not get sad.

It does mean that I take joy in the little things. He still remembers our names. He still knows how to empty the dishwasher. He still loves me or rather knows that he loves me.

Alz Is a horrible disease that strips everyone involved of hope for the long-term future. David and I won’t be on rocking chairs in Savanna when we are 80. He won’t be able to enjoy his grandchildren. One thing it does not strip us of is our faith in God and belief in His sovereignty.

Please pray that the children realize this hope and feel the love of Christ envelop them. Also that the whole family feels the peace we do and embraces the time David has left by building strong relationships while he is still here. 


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment