Friday, January 21, 2011

Water Levels

Between Christmas and new years we bought an amazing four-bedroom house with a pool.  David and I moved in the day of closing and my Mom moves in next Tuesday. We all love it.

The house was a flip and everything is brand new from the screen enclosure on the lanai to the pool resurfacing and in the inside of the house from the studs out. It is gorgeous!

The deal was I would take care of the pool.  So I was thinking as I looked at the pool that it needed water and filled it up two fingers from the top of the skimmer hole with the bucket thingy (I’m learning the lingo at least I don’t call the pump a bubbler anymore.)

I Love the Disney movie A Nightmare Before Christmas because I relate to the main character Jack. He tries really hard and things just don’t quite work out but in the end he’s proud to be himself and goes back to what he knows best and does well.  That’s me at times. I’m really smart and do some things amazingly well but I haven’t mastered the pool yet.

Case and point it’s rained a lot this week and I awoke to more rain and the pool a half-inch from flooding. I woke David and he didn’t seem to find urgency in the situation.

Being in solution mode I pulled out the blue hose from the pump on the side of the house but I couldn’t get the screw top to move and neither could David. Grabbing the WD-40 from the garage I squirted the twisty thing as David explained it wouldn’t work on plastic. I asked if I should get a bucket to start bailing. He just looked at me. I’m trying!

“What are Channel locks, Alex?” was the proper final answer. We drained the pool to where it was before I filled it. Painful to me being as green as I am. This is one of those moments we will remember forever or at least I will. Oh well lesson learned. David is just laughing at me stating I’m funny and now that it is over so am I. 


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment