Friday, January 28, 2011

Yet Means Your Eligible Too

A dear friend wrote me an email last night and part of it read:
“Why did 2 people who had individually suffered so much in life already, find each other and happiness just to have that altered?  Notice I did not say that your happiness was taken away because I believe you and David have much happiness ahead...but the sadness makes me sad for you. “
When I was told I needed a double mastectomy at 29 I said to my mentor “Why me?”
Her response was “Why not you? We are all on this planet together and it will happen to somebody. We live in a fallen world so why not you, Andrealynn? It just hasn’t happened to me, yet." She went on to explain that yet means Your Eligible Too.
By being born we are all eligible for all life has to offer good and bad. God loves each of us no matter our choices or what happens to us. He rejoices in our successes and weeps when we suffer. So should we not praise Him in good and bad times? His glory is constant. Should we not be too?
So we have had hard lives. I’ve heard it said that nothing happens on this earth that God and I can’t handle together. Well God thinks more highly of me than I do with the things that have been thrown at me.
We could kick, scream and act like martyrs or go through this with dignity and grace being a light to others while shining Christ’s love. Either way we have to walk this path so we are choosing the latter. 


Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my I am so glad you found my blog!!!!! :) So nice to find someone who shares this crazy disease with at such a young age! Read back through all you blog posts.....wow it has been a rough month for you! I am praying for you. Do you have facebook??? I will be in touch with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you two have connected! I was going to ask Sandy if I could mention her to you, yet here she is. Go, God, for making the connection.

    ReplyDelete