Monday, January 24, 2011

The Move's Almost Over

Again we worked on cleaning out my Moms apartment on Saturday. It took seven of us three days to pack all of her stuff.   It’s saving hundreds of dollars just having the furniture taken by the movers Tuesday.

I’ll be glad when it’s over. Our friends David, Kimmie and George have helped pack. George has let us use his truck for the last three Saturdays load after load. My husband and children (Seth and Andrew) have worked their hinnies off. I’m sure if they see another pizza it will be to soon. I feel some days at Disney in their future since my Mom can get them in for free due to working there.

Saturday night my David was blue about the prospects of dying. I reminded him we are all going to die and it’s in the future not now. After all birth is fatal.

I was talking to my sister-in-love last week and she was right. When I was young I wanted to live forever however the older I get and the more my eyes are opened the more I look forward to being with my Father in heaven and to melt into Christ’s arm’s when He sees fit.

Sunday I sorted boxes and we hung the drapes and a wreath on the front door. We are finally no longer in a fish bowl. It’s the little things that I’m finding pride in. But it was watching the children and my husband watch the game on TV, my son building houses with dominoes and the smiles on there faces that makes this new house feel like a home. 


Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a friend of Donna and Kenny ( we attend church together), and I just want to say I am glad you are keeping a blog of your journey. I think it will be very helpful to share your thoughts, feelings and prayer requests. My precious mother had Alzheimers for many years and passed a few months ago at the age of 71. I remember when I started suspecting she had Alz but would rationalize it as much as I could. When I could do that no longer, I grieved - cried and was depressed until finally acceptance came gradually. I just want you all to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. You have a positive attitude, and it is truly a "step-by-step" process but God will lead you through it all! He is good and He will NEVER forsake you! Sandy M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog this morning because I know your sister-in-love Donna (and actually hope to have lunch with her and my sister this week!). I'm so sorry that you and David are going through Alzheimer's. My mom had it, beginning in her early 60's. I thought that was young but I now know it's not... :-(

    Anyway, just wanted to tell you I'll be praying for your journey, for the Lord to give you peace, wisdom, courage. Stay strong in Him!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete