Sunday, January 30, 2011

Alz's Ugly Head

Yesterday was a hard day. David was forgetting a lot and in turn became belligerent. I used the “I understand” line but it did not seem to help.  He was personally attacking my character saying I was that conversations never happened and I’m not in touch with reality since he thinks we never had conversations in the first place. I know it is not him but Alz reeling it is ugly head.

It has happened before in the past six months but now I know the cause. Knowledge does not take away the sting of the words or the sadness of seeing what Alz is doing to my loving, kind hearted and gentle husband.

On the bright side we had friends over on and off all day. George and David came and we put up lights in our closet and laundry room, hung shelves, closet racks and unpacked boxes. The house is looking better every day. 

Rick came over last night and we had snacks and they cracked a bottle of Champagne he gave us to celebrate our one month of being in the house. It seems like years at this point.

Thirty-two days ago we were all living in apartments due to the fire in April (which we now know was due to David forgetting about the candle), David was working and we didn’t have a diagnosis of Alz. It is amazing what can change in a month.

One thing I haven’t mentioned is that David was put on Axona on Jan 4th. It is a medication that is to help his memory. It made him sick and tearing up his system. I’m not sure it is helping.

Well I’m off to have some fun today with Kimmie. I need a relaxing day. David is going to take the kids out fishing.

Please pray we get rejuvenated for the week of appointments ahead. 


Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can relate to this post so much, all that you are feeling and how Dave was acting......it's so hard isn't it. Also, there was talk of my hubs trying Axona also,

    ReplyDelete