Monday, April 18, 2011

Cinnamon French Toast






Blessed Holy Week! Yesterday we went to church as a family praising God for family, friends and our security in Him. I always love holy week and the reading of the Passion. I started to get sick and ended up coming home and spending the rest of the day in bed.


After church we had my Mom’s secret French Toast recipe that is amazing! The children, being gone all day yesterday, cleaned up the rest of the palms that the church didn't take on Saturday. I was shocked to hear not all Christian denominations use palms on Palm Sunday.


I am ashamed to say I haven’t been as steady with my morning devotions, which I corrected yesterday and this morning. God is amazing. His love envelops me daily even when I am not as faithful as I should be.


David and I relaxed cleaning the pool and he worked out. Again my mom cooked, this time chicken-a-la-king. It was a nice break for me.


I like the new normal. Even though David still isn’t doing as well as we would like. In fact he is slipping backwards. His recovery comes and goes. At least we have a husband and father that has hope for a full recovery. That is a blessing.


Please join us in our prayer that David recovers from his set backs and that the children finish school strong.


We also pray for our friends who have and are caring for Alzheimer’s patients. May God give them the strength to hold on and see his blessings.


Also that Christ might come alive to those who don’t know Him and that they might find peace and love in His arm's and for all of those who are suffering or experiencing loss that they find solace from He who suffered and knows their pain.


Blessings!


As we are blessed I’m sharing the blessings. Enjoy my Mom’s recipe.

Cinnamon French Toast


1 stick butter
2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
1-cup light brown sugar
1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt

Melt butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup. Pour in a large Pyrex dish. Fan out bread on top in two rows.


Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and salt. Pour on top coating all of the bread. Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.


Bake at 350 covered for 30 min. remove foil and bake for 30 min or until eggs are cooked.


Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment