Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hopes and Wishes


The last few days have been a bit difficult. The further away we get from the doctors appointments the more confused David is about what the Doctors said. It is helpful that Donna was with us as the reality check chick. We were told the tests came back inconclusive with conflicting results. The Doctors have no idea of what that means at this point and neither do we until we have the second opinion. Speculation of the results at this point is just that, speculation. We hope he has some answers for us and doesn’t send us somewhere else. It is so frustrating!

It’s hard to see my husband not remember things and watch memories fade away over a few days time. I pray for a quick fix that will make everything okay. No matter what our wishes reality is going to win out in the end. I’d like to think this is a head cold that can be cured with an aspirin. A girl can dream can’t she?

We started to plan our summer vacation today. We are thinking of the beach for a week. I don’t know how good of an idea it is to go for a week out of a safe and familiar environment. Any experiential insight is welcomed.

Sun, sand, surf, fishing, boogie and skim boards…aaahhh…that’s what I’m talking about. Isn’t that life though? Seeing the peaks from the valleys to inspire us to keep going.

I feel God at the beach. The vastness of it all inspires me with the explosion of energy ramming the shore as mist emerges to kiss the skin.

Since we are the only state in the nation to not have snow this year I’ll have to dream of making sandcastles instead of snowmen. Take a ride on the radio flyer for me please. 

1 comment:

  1. I SO feel God at the beach too. So of course I'd recommend you go (or come, since I'm at Cocoa Beach right now, ha), but maybe keep expectations low on what all you can do. Maybe establish as much of a routine as you can while you're there. ?

    You'll need to have fun things planned for YOU too so you can stay recharged.

    Praying for you and David often...

    ReplyDelete