Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Best


Insanity is doing the same think over and over and expecting a different result. 

So I did it again but this time not as much. Yep I filled the pool with water. I can hear those of you who are following the blog saying “DON’T DO IT!” (You can go back and read Water Levels in January).

I know, I know but the pool was evaporated to the point the blowers (what are they called?) were bubbling the water and air was starting to get in the pump. I did learn last time so I didn’t fill it to the top. I think I put in enough since it is not gargling anymore.

It’s like life. I get filled to the brim with love and joy until some evaporates due to…fill in the blank and I need to recharge. Other times feel thwarted due to the injustice of it all. I was born a very spirited personality. That is my biggest asset and defect all rolled up into one me.

My demand for social justice in addition to constantly seeking answers is helping with the medical situation we now find ourselves in. We ask questions searching for anything that might help David. 

Some of the things keeping me afloat are God, you guys telling me to put the oxygen mask on myself first so I can be their for the family, church, having fun with friends, plus my faith that God has our back at all times.

A few days ago I went back to the gym. Since the move and diagnosis I haven’t gone and it has taken an emotional toll. Yesterday David and I did a spin class. It is helping me to clear my head. I’m sleeping like a rock, needed something to burn the excess energy plus I want to look good at the pool this summer.

Some days I do brilliantly others I fall on my face. The main thing for me is that I get up every morning and “do” so in those 10 seconds before I fall asleep I can say to God I did my best today no matter what the outcome was.

Please join us in our prayer for all of the caregivers we have met and have yet to be blessed in knowing that they may hold strong on those days they feel emotionally empty that God may fill them with strength to finish the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment