Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crackerjacks


David and I are finding out a lot about me when I was younger due to the countless hours sitting on the back porch with my Mom whom I call Mommy.

Last week we were talking about when I was a kid and our shore house in Ocean City, NJ. The roach coach would come to each block several times a day ringing a bell to let everyone on the beach know they were there. I rarely wavered between a star pop (you know the red, white and blue popsicles) and Crackerjacks. Something about the caramel corn, saltwater and sand made them the perfect beach snack.

On Valentines Day since we had gone out Friday night David took Megan, our daughter, to dinner. When he came home he gave me a soft bear that says I love you and a bag of Crackerjack to take with us to the beach next weekend. He remembered!

I don’t know what excited me more. The fact that he went to two stores looking for the treat, the romance factor or the fact that conversation didn’t slip through his memory. It was remarkable.

Join us in our prayer for those little moments to continue as long as possible. For the children that they may find peace resting in Gods arms in the new normal. Also that my patience may hold since at times the new normal is extremely taxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment