Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Companionship

I’m in love with God. The condition with David doesn’t change that. God isn’t mean. I think He is loving and kind. I haven’t heard of Him turning anyone into salt lately or setting a bush on fire but that doesn’t make him any less real.

The conversation I had with a friend a few weeks ago about the Garden of Eden has stuck in my head. Did Adam and Eve stub their toe and if so did it hurt? The Bible says they were with God but could they see Him like we see each other? Were their bumblebees and if so did they sting? (That one is driving me nuts.)


I can’t imagine life without God. Over all I feel His love towards us as a family and people in general. I believe he wants to be in constant companionship with us. Like any good father he sets boundaries and holds us tight when we get hurt. God is a gentleman and doesn’t force himself on us. It is our choice to commune with Him on a daily basis.

I’m rereading The Shack with two friends of mine. I love reading a book with others and discussing it looking for meaning and how it relates to my life. I know it’s fiction but I think the idea of God being with me in tangible ways and giving me insight is real.

We needed some florescent lights fixed and small things done around the house and an angle of a friend gifted us new light and time to put them in.

We also need shower bars put in my Mom’s bath so she can stop using the towel bar to get in and out of the shower and another angel has volunteered his time and tile cutter.

As a family we have been known to volunteer our time and resources to friends and family in need. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?

Some one said to me yesterday they want to come and help us. The best way to do that right now is to help us have fun and connect with us. That was one of the gifts Donna gave us this past week strengthen the bond of friendship. We did a lot with Doctors appointments and such but the lighthearted fellowship helped a great deal. Laughter is good medicine.

A person helping by doing thing around the house for us is a gift we are grateful for and the fellowship after talking over snacks is priceless.

We want to thank all of you who have connected, prayed, given us words of encouragement and laughed with us.

Please pray for the children that they may find peace in our Fathers arms, that the Doctor’s are given divine insight and can help David, and keep your love coming. It means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment