Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

What a beautiful day to reflect on the saying "Home of the free because of the brave." I awoke feeling a great sense of gratitude for all of the men and women who have died for our country and prayed for their families.

With my own son wanting to serve it moved my heart knowing that in months he might be in harms way. I am proud of Ash wanting to serve, as I’m sure all parents are but lately I have found myself praying in advance for his safety.

After planting some red, white and blue flowers on the front porch David and I placed an orange tree in the back yard near the garden promoting life in remembrance of those who have supplied freedom and peace on our soil.

The third time is the charm they always say so we replaced the dead blackberry and raspberry twigs with bushes that are 18” tall hoping they make it.

Over the weekend Andrew picked the first blueberries, tomatoes and peppers. Yummy. We are going to have more cucumbers than we can shake a stick at so if you have a good pickle recipe please send it to me. I have never made them before. J

After swimming with David and walking the treadmill I contracted a killer migraine so back to bed I went. I am praying today I make it going back to work for the first time in a week. When I’m out I fell quite guilty and miss being there.

Please join us in prayer for all those who serve in AmeriCorps, Coast Guard, the Armed Services and their families. They give us the opportunity to have fun and enjoy peace. We hope you had an amazing holiday with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment