Monday, May 16, 2011

Working Around The House!

What a wonderful Sunday! The rain let up around 7 AM and I sat by the pool to get some sun. Yuppie! Then I read for a while! It was good to relax, Finally! 

Church was about the sins that keep us from God. Today’s sin was gambling. I have never had a problem with that. I feel grateful that my only addiction at this point is working to hard. Okay so I’m a workaholic at home and work and it is not a good thing but at least today after copying the Proverbs 31 woman all week I modeled rest, for a bit.

David and George came over around one to help put up my mom’s new ceiling fan. They are so much fun! We put the light that was there up in the garage. We only have one florescent left. Yeah us. I put putty in the holes from the old fixtures, we reinforced the shelves in my mom’s closet...whew...I felt quite productive.

The pipe where the chlorine tablets go was leaking so we put a new one in and lastly the pool light. George and I took it out and put in a new bulb. Much to my chagrin it still didn’t work. We think it’s an electrical problem so in a few weeks we are going to switch out the GFI switch and see if that helps.

I am proud to say my David hung the flag out front on the pillar at the entryway. It means a lot for me to have a flag. My daddy was a Marine and although we didn’t have a flag on the house when I was a kid I have felt the need to have one for the past 19 years. After 9/11 I was glad to see them all pop up. I thought it was about time wondering why it took such a tragic action to get our collective act together.

For lunch we had tacos and Andrew picked his first tomato to dice up for our feast. He was so proud. It tasted yummy. So all in all it was an amazingly productive day.

Please join us in prayer for all those who are suffering from the floods, for the caregivers of Alzheimer’s loved ones and those in need. We are truly blessed!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment