Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Blessings Of Every Day Life!

Friday night I got off early. I had finished all of my work and no one had anything for me to do. I had more than 40 hours in by 11 AM so my boss said to go home. I told her next week I would try to goof off and be less efficient. She laughed and told me it was all right and appreciated me not wasting money.

So I went to the bank, took David lunch, went to Walgreens, grocery shopping, and did my nails. After I made stuffed peppers. Boy, were they good. David said I should have taken the opportunity to rest. To me taking care of my family first is important and something I haven’t had much time for lately.

Ah balance…a delicate thing. I have been feeling really blessed the last few weeks. However God hasn’t allowed me to take any of it for granted. Constantly I am reminded that others are not as fortunate and David's memory is worsening.

It has been raining off and on for the past 16 hours. We need it so I feel blessed. Then I think of the people who are in floodplains and loosing everything.

I almost feel guilty we are doing well. Maybe it’s a deep thread of empathy not being far away from the fire and David’s illness. Things were crazy for so long I am forgetting how to relax.

I am proud of my accomplishments thou. Yesterday I cleaned the pool filter. Yuck! Did you know you have to do that more than once every four months? It hadn’t been cleaned since the first week of January. Okay so now I know. No wonder we were getting algae and the pump had moved to a trickle. Live and learn.

So I’ve been up since 3 AM. The taco meat and tomatoes are diced for lunch after church, the pumpkin muffins are in the oven, the sourdough bread is in the bread maker and my prayers and meditation are done. So I think today after church I’ll take care of myself. Ah the luxury of it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment