Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Under Pressure

I have consistently put high expectations on myself since I was knee high to a grasshopper. While growing up I remember being told to whom much is given much is expected and I continue to hold myself to a high standard.

With my new job I have had to learn a new CRM. The only person who knows the program inside out and designed the content is the new girlfriend I told you about Monday. Her Mom died early Monday morning and the funeral is today. My heart hurts so badly for her. At this point she is going to be gone a while and I’m just attempting to keep the boat afloat while she is gone.

My boss is telling me I’m doing just fine but I have a maladroit feeling about me. Just put one foot after the other, right? Keep my head up! I just want to do so well at this job. As you know it is a dream come true for me. So I pray.

David is doing all right. We have a few people who feel the need to express doom and gloom telling him not to take the promotion if offered stating he might hate it. Really?

The job duties would be similar to what he did in the service. It would take the stress off if he receives it. Every night he studies up on coding so he can hit the ground running if he gets the job. I am so proud of him. To see him chase a goal is amazing and such a change from a few months ago. The new medications are doing him well, kinda.

So all in all we have healthy normal stresses of every day life. It’s a lot better than the death sentence we were given at the beginning of the year. So I am grateful.

Please join us in prayer for those shattered from the loss of a loved one, the caregivers who need to be refreshed, people who are suffering from the numerous natural disasters plaguing our country and the troops overseas. They are the ones who need to be uplifted. The rest of the day-to-day life stuff is peanuts.

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment