Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Well, Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mommies out there. I know for some of you it was great being adorned with love from your children, flowers, church, breakfast in bed…ah to be loved.

For others maybe you have lost a child or your mom and the day was spent with a cemetery visit. I am sorry for your loss. Maybe you’re estranged and are praying for your prodigal son or daughter. You’re all in my prayers as well.

The children gave me flowers and I the same for my mom. I found out to late that David forgot to get them for his mom and so hers will be late. That kills me. I am sad when he forgets.


God tells us to honor our mothers. That is a straight forward commandment not something to be done depending on our mood.

A new friend of mine was not at work on Friday. I found out her mom on Thursday night had an aneurysm so she drove home to GA. Her Mom was not expected to make it through the weekend being in a vegetative state. My heart hurts for my friend loosing her mom at 27, let alone on Mother’s Day weekend. Please pray for her and her family.

So it isn’t a Hallmark day for everyone. If it was for you then count your blessings for you are truly blessed! Please join us in prayer for all of the mom’s out there and the children who miss them.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment