Monday, May 30, 2011

A Dream Come True

Wednesday was an amazing day. I’m not sure if it was due to the meds or excitement but I was up at 1:30 AM wired for sound. Today is the day I fly to Phoenix to see Ash graduate was racing through my mind. Needless to say after I reached the airport at 4:30 I slept until my 6:30 flight and all the way to Atlanta.

After I changed planes and was in the air I was flooded with memories. My baby boy who has turned into a young man is graduating! It feels surreal.  When I landed in Phoenix and picked up the rental car the excitement grew. I miss Ash so very much. He guided me in by phone and met me outside his new housing development. As I pulled over to the side of the road to pick him up I could hardly contain myself.

I threw the car in park and just gave him a big hug not wanting to let go. I am in awe of God! How a little baby that I carried almost 19 years ago could be pushing six feet and is now an adult amazes me!

After going to his house and picking up clothes we went out to eat at Red Lobster for a celebratory lunch, Wal-Mart for socks and water (which I desperately needed since AZ is so dry) and finally to the hotel. We talked for hours nonstop. My heart sang as I listened and laughed! Ash hasn’t lived with me for two years. He made interesting choices growing up and it was a rough road but to see him mature and us enjoying each other’s company was incredible.

Before I knew it it was time to get ready for graduation. As I saw him don his cap and gown I couldn’t help feel a sense of pride. The ceremony was wonderful. I cried and smiled as I saw the door of opportunity open wide for Ash to become anything he wants to be.

After going back to the house for cup cakes we returned to the hotel and continued to chat. I didn’t want the night to end knowing I was going home in the morning.

Awakening before Ash I sat and watched him sleep and prayed, as I had throughout his growing up, thanking God for the miracle of my son.

I cried driving to the airport missing Ash already and being filled with gratitude that I was able to be there for my son on his monumental day. God is good!

Please join us in prayer for all of the graduates that their futures may be bright.


Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment