Monday, May 30, 2011

Rest

I’m still not feeling well. Thursday night when I came home I slept 10 hours only to get up for a Dr’s appointment Friday. I went for an oil change and was falling asleep at the station. So I came home and slept the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon venturing out only for groceries anticipating the kid’s arrival for the weekend.

Saturday my mom and I went out for a bit shopping. If you ever get to central Florida go to The Barn. It is a wonderful antique/gift shop in Lake Alfred 20 miles south of Disney. We had a blast. Then I took a nap. This sinus infection is kicking my behinds.

When I woke up I did a DIY. I put hooks on a board I bought and painted numbers and our initials to put above them to hang towels and bathing suits on. It looks pretty cool if I do say so myself.

While out my mom bought David a grill cover and told him it was an early Fathers Day gift. He loves it! He then asked when Mother’s Day is. Remember it was a few weeks ago? He didn’t. Mom and I recounted the day and it took awhile but he finally remembered. His memory is still spotty. It is hard to see the blank look on his face when he lacks recall.

Sunday was filled with church and relaxation. I painted a bookshelf that we have on the back porch for towels and toys for the pool to match the numbers above the hooks and doors. The matching baskets I bought the day before look sharp and are helping bring the lanai together. I love our home.
David and I played in the pool for a few hours and grilled. It was good to have a day alone with my husband where we enjoyed each other’s company being the kids were in Miami for the rest of the weekend.

Please join us in prayer for all of those with memory loss and those who take care of and love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment