Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lobsters & Church Envelopes


Well another successful weekend, rest and relaxation all around. David and the kids came back from the beach looking like lobsters even though they used SPF 50. Saturday night David and I listened to A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor while grilling and The Civil Wars, a musical group, were on. I recommend listening to the song Barton Hollow. The harmonies are superb. Okay so the show is campy but I have been a NPR geek for decades.

We have been church shopping since we moved and have decided on a small congregation where the children are happiest. Next week we become members, envelopes and all. It’s the same place my mom has gone for 22 years. She is ecstatic to have us join her in worship on Sundays. It looks like David and the children will be attending the contemporary service, my mom the traditional and I’ll be going to all three since I am joining the choir.

David and I went on a date last night, a foreign concept since the move and his illness. It was nice to reconnect with him and enjoy some time alone. The service at the restaurant was poor but it didn’t really matter. When we finally received the food it was amazing and it gave us a chance to reconnect.

It is raining as I write this and is to continue all week. When my mom put all of the house plants out by the pool last night she stated she wanted them to get “God’s water” even though they had just had an encounter with the watering can.

The cable and Internet are out again, seriously? I want to scream. I think we might have to change service since they can’t keep ours on for more than 10 days at a time.

The plants are hanging in there. We haven’t sent any to heaven in a few weeks so God will be in charge of feeding the angels. I can hardly wait to pick the first tomato.

Today is David’s first full day at work. Please join us in our prayers that he does well.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment