Wednesday, March 16, 2011

House vs. Home

As I walked around the house this morning pulling the laundry together I realized the house has become a home. I am used to living here now and it seems like we’ve been here forever even thought it’s only been three months.

I’m relaxing into it now that we are unpacked except for the bookshelves we are having built for the family room. It is comforting to be back in a house. Having company I think is helping the shift in thinking.

As you might remember I lost the sapphire out of my wedding ring in the move. I received the repaired ring back last week and it feels good to wear it again. With all that is happening with David I felt horrible not having my ring. He loves the new stone and I am grateful to have it back. Now I take it off when gardening or doing dishes to keep it safe.

Back to the routine of work and school today. I’m looking forward to David’s first day back to work and his healing.

Please join us in our prayer that he continues to get better. We ask that God restore him completely to the capacity he had before this all started over a year ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment