Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Golden Candlesticks


I went old school yesterday leaving my phone at home. It was a mistake minds you however nice not being tethered but on the other my phone case is also my wallet. That caused a problem due to the fact my boss sent me out with blank checks to the post office and the like and I didn’t have ID. So I was calling Betty Ann for her driver’s license number. Oppsy.

I also missed a call from my dear friend Mandy who is only in town until today and wanted to see the new house and us last night. That stunk.

I’ve had a computer since the late eighty’s but I only became cellphone dependent in 2002.  Do you remember pagers? I thought I was hip slick and cool back then.

Moving on, David had Brain Fitness Club Yesterday. After he remembered on his own to pick up the Golden Candlesticks from the nursery. I am so proud of him! They grow wild here but are hard to come by in stores. A nursery near us had two growing in a ditch and dug them up for us.
If you have ever seen a pure yellow butterfly it is called a sulfur and the caterpillars grow on Golden Candlesticks. They start off green from eating the leaves then turn yellow at the end from eating the flowers.
I am so excited to have a butterfly garden again. Five years ago I had worked for years on one and was about to be certified by Monarch watch for my garden right before I moved.

David is finding great joy in gardening and keeping the pool clean. It gives him purpose plus he is doing a tremendous job. He is still putting food on the table just in a different way.

God is blessing us every day with the gift of David. Please join us in our prayer that we might have him for a while to enjoy and learn from. The more innocent he becomes the more I see pure joy in his eyes with the worry of the world slipping away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment