Sunday, August 7, 2011

Control


David, Andrew, Mac and I played catch in the pool yesterday. We had a blast! Tacos, a few games of Last Word and cookies rounded out the evening. Seth slept most of the day but joined us for the evening activities.

The kids are not looking forward to school except for the fact they will get to see their friends more.

I spent the morning before church calling the phone, cable and cell company’s to get our bills reduced to lower our overhead. With the budget crisis we see in Washington and wanting to be good stewards we are really tightening our financial belts.

Church today was marvelous! We are back to going to Northland! Praise God! We feel so much more connected there. To save the forty-minute drive and gas we are worshiping online.

The sermon was on control revolving around Luke 22:24-27. Serving is important and I attempt to do so at home and work. My problem with that at this point is I’m having a hard time resting.

I feel guilty reading or taking time for me. With the kids, David, Mom, the house something always needs to be done. Even with being sick I have been restless just laying around and sleeping. I always feel like I should be doing something.

Being a servant is good. I also need to remember that if I don’t take care of myself and recharge I am not as good to my family as I would like to be. I think out of fear I try to keep all the ducks in a row at all times. That does nothing but wear me out. I get testy and fall short. That’s not good.

The bottom line is I need to remember to let go and let God and trust him to be in control. With everything we have been through the past two years you would think I would get the point that I can’t control a thing. I need to just rest in Jesus and let go of the outcome while serving Him and my family.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment