Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Being Lackadaisical Is Bad

Last Monday I was gathering my laptop to retire on the terrace when the computer slipped out of my hands and went splat on the tiled kitchen floor. I picked it up and it was dead.

The Genius at the Apple store advised me I needed a new hard drive. Luckily I have Apple Care that covers all problems I have with my Mac. Yeah me!

However the data cannot be retrieved. Not so good! All photos, writings, music…gone! The lesson learned is to hook up an external hard drive and back everything up. In the old days I did that very thing but in the past few years I slacked off and am now paying the consequence for my lackadaisical attitude.

The computer is now fixed and as you can see I’m back up to speed. I didn’t realize how dependent I am on this thing. From reading the news, checking movie times, you name it I do it on my computer. I really missed it for three days.

The moral of the story is back up your stuff on an external hard drive.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment