Friday, August 5, 2011

Fireproof


I was to go away this coming weekend to P3 as an angel but…I’m so frustrated. This has been planned since before Ash came to visit. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and having a great time away doing something nice for me however I need to be selfless and respect others health.

People come from all across the country, as well as internationally, to experience the release of stress and it is a blessing to be a part of it. I love assisting at P3 and it has been to long since I’ve been there.

I’m really getting worried. I need to be well to start this new job! The Doctor gave me a prescription yesterday for a cough medicine, a pill really, that is to help me from wetting myself every time I cough. Oy vey! Please pray for me!

David and I had a romantic night. We curled up on the couch and watched Fireproof with a little popcorn, diet soda and Kleenex. Ahhh, the pleasures of life!

The movie is touching. It is good to remember that anything worth having takes work and I tell the kids all the time, “The only time reward comes before work is in the dictionary!” Putting effort into our marriage is worth it.

I have to remind myself that just because David doesn’t remember doesn’t mean he doesn’t love me or care. It just means he does not remember. You would think by now I would have gotten the point. I guess I’m a slow learner or maybe just at times in denial.

David has been different though somehow this past week. He is being much more attentive, not being as short and really taking advantage of our time together to connect. I love it!

May God bless your socks off too!   :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment