Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brain Fitness Club

(This post was originally posted 2/25/2011. It moved on it's own this morning, while I was looking at it in the edit section, to here. I'll figure this blog thing out sooner or later.) :)


Our neurologist told us about Brain Fitness Club held in Winter Park. David goes for 4 hours twice a week. He does math, puzzles, wears a pedometer, Thi Chi, foosball; anything that can help work his brain in a stimulating setting without pressure or judgment. It’s partnered with The University of Central Florida so they’re on a semester basis.





He receives homework to keep active.  With the move he hasn’t had a chance to get board. We talked about things he can do around the house and make a list but he forgets to check. That puts more on my plate but I chalk it up to being part of the new normal.

He gets mad if I start to do things that were placed on his list two days ago explaining we never talked about doing ______ and I need to rest more. I point him back to the list and he gets frustrated for forgetting but the new carpet needs to be vacuumed once a week and the bathrooms don’t clean themselves.

The “person” I feel the worst for is Mac. I come home and he hasn’t been left out all day. That’s a lot to ask when being played with and only being 17 lbs. It goes like this.

“He’s not God he doesn’t need to go out more than twice a day!”

“Of course he not God. If he were he would take himself out!”

Poor Mac. We think we are going to get him a friend this summer. His cat died two years ago. Another Jack Russell puppy would be fun, although I dread the potty training stage. 


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment