Thursday, June 30, 2011

Staying Out Of The Way


The last few days have been fun although tiring.  Tuesday morning after picking up David’s car I got a migraine.  So I was an hour late for work due to the need to sleep off the medication for two hours.

Tuesday night David, Ash and I went out for sushi and to CarMax to check out a Town and Country minivan we had seen online. It was nice and the trade-in in value of David’s car was more than we expected but we walked away not wanting a car payment since all of the cars we have are paid in full. 

It has been wonderful having Ash here.  He has a fun slightly warped sense of humor like I do so our banter is entertaining to say the least.

Work is awesome!  I put out a casting call and ad for a shooter this week and am now working on updating our video catalog.  This job is so much fun!  The people are amazing as well and it is a joy to go in every morning.  I am truly blessed!

David…well…he is not doing as told by the Doctors as much as I would like.  My solution this week, instead of getting upset and having a spirit of resentment, is to go to the gym, eat well, and dive into my bible reading and prayer time which allows me to be calmer and more accepting. 

There was a big blow up a few Saturdays ago about David and the kids doing chores.  It brought me to my breaking point.  I need help around the house. 

Mom has been doing much more than she should, Ash has been a great help since he arrived, plus Andrew does things as well and it helps take the pressure off of me. For that I am truly grateful.  Owning a house is a lot of work.  It would help if we acted like a team more often and everyone chipped in. 

The reality is God is in command and I just need to step out of the way.  The only person whom I can control or change is myself. 

Please pray for my sister-in-love who had surgery on her hand last week.  She is doing well but in a bit of pain.  For David that he might be inspired to do all the Doctors suggest and that I may stay calm and out of the way of the process.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment